Setting up your dart board is another crucial thing which most of the people merely ignore, and the number of them does not even know about it. You should have a spare room or place where you can freely throw darts so that no one gets injured. If you do not know about that, then there is no need to get worried because it is not a challenging, time consuming, and expensive task to set up your dart board. The first and foremost thing is that you should know the dart board dimensions and sizes. Then you can easily hang the dart board. Here in this article, we have briefly described everything for you.
Standard Dimensions of the Dart Board
For all those dart boards that are manufactured from sisal fibre dimensions are standard which are as follows;
- Inside measurement of double and treble ring: 8mm
- Inside diameter of bull: 12.7mm
- Inside diameter of outer bull: 31.8mm
- Center bull to the inside edge of treble wire: 107mm
- Center bull to outside edge bull wire: 170mm
- Outside edge of the double wire to outside edge of double wire: 340mm
- Overall dartboard diameter: 451mm
No matter whether your dart board is hung on the wall or placed on a mobile stand, you should keep 3m distance from board measures bull to bull.
Dart Board Setup Instructions
As most of the people do not know about the setup of the dart board, then we have decided to briefly encounter this problem so that you can get most of it. Here are the basic instructions for setting up your dart board.
Height from bullseye to the ground
Setup your dart board around 5 feet and 8 inches high, measure this from the centre of the dart board (bullseye) to the ground. The height can also be measured as 68 inches, 1.73 meters or 173 centimetres.
Distance from the ground to the oche
It is time to set up a throwing distance from the dart board. Measure distance 7 feet 9 inches and a quarter from the front of the dart board to the front of the oche (throwing line). You can also measure throwing distance as 93.25 inches, 2.37 meter or 237 centimetres.
Distance from the center of bullseye to the oche
Once your dart board is completely set, it is better to measure the distance from bullseye to the throwing line to make sure that all measurements are correct. If this distance is 9 feet and 6 inches then Bravo! Your dart board is set correctly. The distance from the bullseye to the ground can be measured as 115.35 inches, 2.93 meters or 293 centimetres.
Distance for ladies
Most people ask about the throwing distance for ladies. So, ladies, you do not need any other setup measurements because you are all good with this setup. So you do not need to change the setup for ladies because throwing distance remains the same for ladies as well.
Dart board setup for wheelchair
Usually, the height of the dart board for standing player from the centre of the bull is 173 cm. But for wheelchair player, the height of the dart board from the centre of the bull is 137 cm.
Tips to Setup a Dart Board
Here are a few safety tips that you should always keep in mind while setting your dart board for a tournament or casual game at home.
- Setup your dart board in a safe and secure area that should be wide enough so that people can stand around and wait for their turn or enjoy the game.
- The floor of the gaming room should be carpeted or made of wood because cemented floors can damage the darts that bounces out.
- The lighting of the gaming area should be adequate
- It is better to place a dart board cabinet to protect your walls
- Make sure that your dart board setup is accurate.